The medical providers and staff of Heart and Health Institute are ready and willing to assist you with questions about your care, so please contact us at (954) 972-7224 so we can determine how best to provide you the information you need.
You may also find it helpful to use our online patient education library. Use the links below to find definitions and descriptions of terms, procedures, diagnoses, tests, and other information intended to answer some basic questions you may have. We hope you find the library informative and please don’t hesitate to ask us for more information as you need it.
Comprehensive Health and Medical Information Sites
- Mayo Clinic (main site)
- Mayo Clinic - Breast Cancer
- Healthfinder - US Department of Health and Human Services
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- The American Cancer Society
- The American Heart Association
- American Diabetes Association
- Susan G. Komen for the Cure®
- Web MD (main site)
- Web MD - Breast Cancer
- Heart Rhythm Society - Information for patients on heart conditions, treatments, and medical devices
- Cardiac Ablation - Treatment for abnormal heart rhythms.
- Electrocardiogram (EKG) - How the test is performed, what does it show ?
- Electrophysiology (EP) Study - EP studies can help locate the specific areas heart tissue that give rise to abnormal electrical impulses that cause arrhythmias. This detailed electrical flow information provides valuable diagnostic and, therefore, treatment information.
- Implanted Cardiac Defibrillators (ICDs) - What are they and how do they work?
- Heart Failure Devices - The Role of Electrophysiology in treating heart failure.
- Medication Therapy - Medications prescribed to treat, prevent or relieve symptoms of cardiovascular conditions.
- Pacemakers - What is a Pacemaker, when is it needed ?
- Drug Information Online - Prescription and Over the Counter (OTC) information for consumers and professionals.
- RxList - Information on prescription medications
- National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute - This is a great site for patients to get information about heart and valve diseases, lung diseases, and obesity. We recommend it for patients with high cholesterol.